~YAY for Romantic DATES with NO CHILDREN!!~
I am assuming it was being under the infuence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup and other assorted granular sugary things, that made my Daughter turn into the PMS-ing 6 yer old from HE** the past two days. Becuase today is Saturday, and suddenly she is her cheery, creative, nice little ole' self again. THANK YOU HEAVEN ABOVE. Yesterday, previous to my aforementioned date, I was on the verge of sending both little people to the orphanage to be adopted by some innocently unssuspecting slugs. Let's just say I came darn near close to crying at SEVERAL points thoughout yesterday, and the idea of going to a therapist for advice was sounding quite reasonable.
~
IN addition to the crazy kids, my "nanny' s" mom called and said that she had a "last boy's basketball game of the season" she really wanted to go to, so I was feeling panicked that our awesome preplanned date night would be all screwed up. I spent the whole afternoon leaving voice mail messages for other possible sitters, and in the end they called and let me know that she could still do it. Thank goodness.
~
I wanted to wear this awesome BCBG midnight blue silk dress that I bought in the fall and never have worn- and sure enough I am TOO FAT to even zip that darn thing up! So I grabbed another dress out of my closet, and with all my might tried to get "gorgeous" for one solitary evening of peace with my hubby.
~
We started the night at the romatic restaurant called M, which was our first visit there. Ohhhh it's my new favorite place in the city here! Ambiance was perfect, food was AMAZING, and it ws just so fun to feel like we were at a place WORTH dressing up for. Sooo good. Mark gave me a super cute card, and wrapped up a watch he bought me off EBAY that he's been shopping for MONTHS for. It's a more elegant styled one I can wear on special occasions and to church, etc.. Really pretty.
~
Then off to the Symphony where it was "awards" night, and they had a sort of "Idol"- style sing-off and the audience got to vote on their favorite singer. Then the symphony entertained us with amazing and gorgeous renditions of old favorites, like Phantom of the Opera, great familiar movie scores, Springtime for Hitler from the Producers, and more! There was an amazing singer there too, who had a very rich jazzy-natalie cole sort of voice. Fantastic singer. Aside from feeling like I was getting slightly cut off by my pantyhose, It was a super evening in an absolutely gorgeous theatre.
~
As a sweet finale, we came home, and watched The Notebook, where we both cried (although I was more blubbering to the piont of needing to dry off with a towel) and loved every minute of it.
~
I LOVE my HUBBY, and I am SO glad to spend time with him and be reminded of why I do the things I do all day. Because our family rocks and I am the luckiest girl in the world!





1 comment:
What an amazing date! I have wanted to try M...I'm glad you loved it! We'll have to go check it out sometime, too.
Post a Comment