Weekend Festivities...
This weekend was busy and fun, as we had lots to do! Mark worked nearly all day Saturday, and I stayed busy with babysitting my nephew, attempting to go to a park in what we thought was sunshine (but was filled with bone chilling wind!), and making cupcakes to celebrate a birthday for one of our Young Women at church.
I made some of the best frosting I have ever made- but my sister topped it the next day!
~
We made a trip to my parents house to spend Sat. night, and on Sun. we went to Katrina's (my second youngest sister)ward for church, after which we saw her new house for the first time! WOW- she's only 21 years old- and we were marvelling at how much responsibility she has at such a young age. Married, with a 9 month old baby, working part time as an RN to put the hubby through school, and owning thier first house. Boggles my mind really, as I was totally not ready for that kind of stuff at that young age. They are awesome!
~
We then went to my closest sister (in age) Amelia 's new house to celebrate our super cute neice Eva's 1st birthday!! She was adorable, and with a cute puppy theme- they had built a play "doghouse" for the kids to play in, they played pin the tail on the puppy, and dog,dog cat for games. My sister had a lot more games planned, but in the end the kids just wanted to run wild together and not be forced into playing games! So we ate some delicious homemade ultimate baked subs and veggies for lunch- with cake and ice cream for dessert. This cake had a cream cheese frosting on it that I swear I could have just eaten by the bowlful. It was SOO good! JUST YUMMY. So I ate WAYY too much cake. We had a great time hanging out with 3 of my sisters and thier families, my parents and my 16 yr old brother all afernoon and evening. The cousins LOOOOVE eachother and did not want to go home at the end of the evening! So sweet. Thanks for the great night Aunt Millie!





6 comments:
It was truly a family fiesta. hahah, I'm watching DORA with addie and eva OH JOY! I'm glad you guys had fun.
this makes me miss lisa soooo much!
I've been reading your blog for a little while, and wanted to leave a comment!
Your family is darling, and your posts are just such fun!
Happy blogging:)
Alis - thanks! That is really sweet! Are you guys in Chicago -hubby in Dental shcool?
You cant say this without posting the recipe!
Hahah! ok- recipes will come! =0)
Post a Comment