~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY V-DAY!!!

So far this is our holiday:

1. Valentine's Eve- 10:30 pm (Lena waited up to give her Daddy her gift to him becuase he's gone all day today) Lena decides that for Valentines gift from us to her she'd like,

~


1-A set of her own scriptures (So spiritual!)

2- A Journal (So grown up! !)

3- Kitty Stickers, and

4- Peanut Butter Cups ~
Aside from the fact that this might have been acheivable had I received this "wish list" a WEEK ago, I just shook my head and was able to procure the P-B cups by today. Everything else will have to wait until we have time to find them! Not happy with that response, she cried for about half an hour today over the injustices of her world.

~

2.Today I helped out at Lena's school for her V-day party. It was laced with so much sugar, I honestly wanted to vow off sugar for a good while after this day!! It was scary.

~

3. After heading over to my sister's to hang out a bit, we entertained ourselves with some fantastic -no, strike that- slightly -beter- than- Barney- child friendly-funny U-tube clips about a FAT CAT, A MEAN CAT RAP, and

Cat Im a kitty cat

4. And for an early evening of romance /Valentine's activity - we are meeting a friend and her kiddies for dinner at the MALL- chick-fil-a- to be exact-(don't be a hater cuz we got the hook-ups for a sweet festive dinner at the food court- oh yes we do!) followed by walking around the mall, not to be TOPPED by playing on the indoor zoo play area. Oh the suspense is just killing me. - (You'd never GUESS we both are hubby-less on this night)

~Update- Lena got her "journal" at claires, as well as some kitty stickers. Dane got an overpriced plastic mini Nintendo game there as well (nearly $10) which he promptly dropped on the snowy slushy dirty ground outside as we left and I half ran over it with the stroller. I am not sure if it still works.

5. As for the REAL V-day fun, more to report after tomorrow.....

3 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Julianne got the V-day husband this year? I spent the night blogging...lol

Marisa said...

Thanks for helping to pass the romantic night away with us at Chick-fil-a! I can't believe Dane dropped his new little toy that he was so proud of. bummer. We'll have to get together again soon!

Rachel H said...

Yep- Mark was drillin' n fillin' all his Valentine's day long... but we still celebrated together on FRIDAY!