~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, February 22, 2008

THE WRINKLES ARE CHASING ME!!
~
Dane came into our room the other night awake and afraid, and did not want to go back into his room. He has on occasion woken up before, only to be fairly easily put back to bed. But this time he wanted to sleep with me- and because it was 4:58 am and I was exhausted, I let him climb into bed with me, knowing that I probably wouldn't sleep well- but anything is better than nothing right? Well, right away he asked "what is that on the floor?"Pointing to our basically empty floor, except for my shirt I tossed there. "It's just my shirt, Dane, now go to sleep."
~
Not more than a minute later he starts coiling away from the edge of the bed and squishing up to me, crying, "Mommy, what is that on the bed! It's moving and it's coming closer!!" I looked, thinking maybe there was a spider or something. Nothing. He went on, "Augh! It's on ME too!!" It dawned on me what he might mean, and so I said, "You mean the wrinkles in the sheet and on your shirt? They are moving when you move, because they ALWAYS do that Dane!" He immediately said, "I've gotta show this to LENA!""NO!" I said. "She is asleep, and so should we."
~
I then proceeded to wake up Mark (who miraculously stays perfectly asleep for all of this) and tell him to try to get Dane to sleep in his own room.
~
About 1/2 hour later Mark is back, and says after he was freaking about the wrinkles he started talking about rainbows. WHAT?? Wrinkles or Rainbows- Either way, he would NOT go back to bed.
~
Tonight, as I put him to bed he started staring at his hands, and arms, and said, "What's on me? There it is again!!" I turned the light back on, and showed him that we ALWAYS have wrinkles, I have them on my clothes, etc... and they just look a little different in the dark."
~
I am starting to wonder if my 3 yr. old is having some sort of hallucinations, or if maybe we need to check him into some sort of therapy. Lena was never like that. She has always slept well and never had weird night occurrences. I am totally baffled by the fear of wrinkles. And I am PRAYING that tonight will not be another ALL NIGHTER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RACHIE!!!!!! hahah im reading through ur blogs-this one totally reminds me of what i was like as a kid!!! hahah :-) i always imagined witches and halloween pumpkins under my bed! true story. all ur blogs are so funny-i miss those little tots!!!!!! :-) oh yeah-& I LOVE HOW U DECORATED UR WEBSITE-can anyone say-hott? haha I LOVE YOU & WILL CALL U SOON!!!!!! -Natalie