Blast from my past..

And luckily for Beverly Lewis, her books can have a modern day audience with this as their updated cover, as I found from an Amazon search. Looks much cooler now, don't you think? Although, I think my dress in that wedding scene is quite retro now, huh? You know you've hit some kind of age milestone when you remember the FIRST time things were in style, that now are new to all the little teenie-boppers! =)
As I was going through some cupboard by our laundry area today, (where I have lots of random stuff stashed- from old memorabilia like this, to tape measures, paint brushes, and old cd cases...) I found these books. And why, might you ask, are these books saved for memory? Not because I have a wistful obsession with teen light fiction... oh no...but because I am, Oh yes I am, Holly Heart.Well, at least I was through the early nineties!! This is a series called "Holly's Heart" by Beverly Lewis, and I modeled for the covers of the books as a teenager!
I remember the mom and dad on the second cover from the shoot. They were both really nice, and I had a fun time with them. I can't for the life of me remember the first girl that did the other book shoot with me. And I aways remember looking at the illustrations and thinking about how OLD they made me look. I thought I looked so OLD (and not really that cute-but whatever!)!

And luckily for Beverly Lewis, her books can have a modern day audience with this as their updated cover, as I found from an Amazon search. Looks much cooler now, don't you think? Although, I think my dress in that wedding scene is quite retro now, huh? You know you've hit some kind of age milestone when you remember the FIRST time things were in style, that now are new to all the little teenie-boppers! =)





1 comment:
I am venturing out and making my first blog comment, EVER! How fun it has been to check out your blog and see a different side of life. There is always something new to learn about you, book model I did not know. I think I actually owned a dress that looked a lot like that.
Post a Comment