~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cookies, Creating, and Kitty Cat Love

~

The other day the kids talked me into making my homemade cream cheese cookie cutouts, with butter-cream cheese frosting. It's something I honestly try not to do more that for like 2 holidays a year because it coats every object/person within a like 8-10 foot radius in white powder..which could be anything from flour to sugar to powdered sugar to all of the above. And so the clean-up involved totally knocks me out. ANYHOO- they succeeded, and by the END, I did feel a sweet payoff as Dane exclaimed like 5 times- "YOU ARE THE BEST MOMMY! YOU MAKE THE BEST COOKIES MOMMY!!" So I guess it was worth it.

On this same day, we decided to do some play-dough crafting...which we haven' t done in a while.. and here are their fabulous creations. Those were just the beginning. By the time they were finished...they collaborated...and their sculpting had evolved... to this.
(Please excuse the nudity...my children all to often end up in nothing but their skivvies when crafting. It saves clothes. )


And today Lena decided to write a poem (or rather dictate a poem to me so I could type it up and then we could change every single line to be a different rainbow color.) dedicated to her cherished, coddled, obsessed over, and loved kitty , Pearly .

And here it is .

Tribute to Pearly, By Lena age 6 .

Pearly you are very sweet
Your eyes are the shade of yellow leaves in the fall.
I love your beautiful blond fur
You are as pretty as a rose
I love your little ears
They are the shape of triangles
Your fur is as soft as fluffy snow
I’ll keep you as long as you live

I love the way you play
We’ll take care of you forever.
You are a kitten
I love when you walk by
I see your whiskers…
I love it when you come by with them.
I love your stripes on your feet and tail.
I love the name Pearly-pat
I love the way your nose is red.
And when you close your eyes for a nap.
The way your wrestle with your brother-
It’s funny you can see.

You are very sweet like candy canes.
I love the way you snuggle me
And you are the best kitten I ever had.
And GOD made you so.




1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

yummy! i love your cookies! lucky kids you got there :)