~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, March 17, 2008

Step one- Grab Foot
Step two- Insert into Mouth
Step three- Chomp Down just a bit to make sure you got it good.

~

Well, honestly I wasn't going to tell this story because I figure let bygones be bygones, but since I shared it with my equally pregnant (even more so) sister today- she said I HAD to. You see, we have a little competition going for who can get the rudest comment from someone about being pregnant. (Not by choice, mind you, but lets make some lemonade out of lemons, right?) So here's my GOLD-MEDAL story.

~

On Sunday, I was teaching the young women's class, and I had to make a quick stop in the library to pick up some pencils, paper, etc.. As I walked in, someone (who I will leave anonymous for their own protection) looked at me and said loudly and incredulously,

"Are you STILL pregnant?"

I looked at her in shock and puzzlement, "Well, actually, I am not even DUE until JUNE!!"

I tried to brush it off by rambling for a moment about how I know I look pretty big..

Without losing a BEAT, she retorted, "AND YOU DON'T HAVE TWO IN THERE?"

I had HAD it. I said fairly strongly back, "Well, no I don't! And THANK YOU for POINTING that out! That really does a lot for me today! You know, I am getting to the point when people comment on how big I am that I feel like I should probably start lying about when I am due!"

~

Right then another person on the room said, "Ohh I used to get really big with all my pregnancies, so don't feel bad!"

And in a feeble attempt at yanking the foot out of her mouth, the first person said to me, "Well, you know when you are slender body like you are, there's no where for that baby to go but out!"

At that point I just wanted OUT of the room. I grabbed my utensils and ran out of there ASAP!

Save me!!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's something about church that makes some people's social graces just go out the window. I seriously think some people think, "Hey it's church, everyone is like me and is super nice so who cares what I say!" which is dumb.
We've had a few people who we've never even MET before and rudely comment on Ian's hair (he has a mohawk now). It was so weird and really rude!
Sorry you had to deal with that kind of insanity! Don't feel bad, you are THE prettiest pregnant girl I have EVER seen!

Chapman Channel said...

You KNOW all the comments I"VE heard about being LARGE and with Child!..I just think there needs to be a sign on my back that says "I know I'm gigantic...you don't have to point it out." I think it's especially weird when it's coming from people you hardly have EVER spoken to before, or someone you JUST met...that would be like if I met someone overweight and one of my first comments to them was, "WOW, when's the last time you hit the treadmill?" Commenting on another person's figure--pregnant or not, should ALWAYS be positive and in good taste!! WHY when you are pregnant does everyone else feel all etiquite should go out the window???

Amelia said...

When I was pregnant with Addie (you guys know how huge I got) this assistant manager at the IRS who I already didn't really get along with felt the uncontrollable urge to freak out every time she saw me about how I was having twins. ARE YOU SURE you aren't DUE early? ARE YOU SURE you aren't having twins? I would get so annoyed I would just say....I don't know..maybe I am having twins..?? Just so she would be quiet. Us Larson women don't tend to have premies either, they all end up being like 8-10 lbs it seems!

The Cochran Family said...

Ahhh, I think there is a side to them that is just excited that you may be bigger than you for a few months of your life and they found a way to point it out to make themselves feel better. I;m surprised comments like that still exsist...once you've been pregnant anyway, you KNOW they are not NICE! ANd deserve the naughty chair! :) OH PS can I have your yummy yummy creame cheese sugar cookie recipe, I think I want to have an Easter party with the kidos today and mak cookies and dye eggs....loves ya!

Marisa said...

Ahhhh!!! What is it about pregnancy that makes people feel like they have free reign to make all sorts of comments about your body???? It's so rude, still. Pregnant or not pregnant. We all realize that we're getting bigger from the baby growing...but we don't need to pointed out. You seriously look so amazing and awesome--despite the library fiasco!

Jeff and Holly said...

Boy do I ever know how you feel. I think I remember that exact dialog playing in ALL of my pregnancies! But it all turns out all right. You look awsome after having your babies. And if I do say so myself, you look awsome carrying them too!