~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, March 28, 2008

GET EXCITED!!!!!
~
Well, my first exciting little tidbit is that I just received the shipment of my first http://www.blurb.com/ book today. I decided since I got all those fun maternity pics taken, and there really were SO many that I liked out of the shoot, that I'd make up a memory book of just those. It is so great! I love it, and it was so fun to put together. I added quotes and a commentary on the inner and outer flaps of the cover, and other than that it is just a portfolio of sorts of my favorite pics. I know (from experience) that down the road I will truly cherish these pictures, and my kids will probably enjoy seeing their mom too. Check it out below. (click on the pic to see the cover, click on the preview just to see a few of the pages inside..)

By Maternity Photogr...

Besides that, I am also reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover... and I am PUMPED about it!! If you are one of those people who already were born with this innate smartness about money,how to save, invest and basically never go into debt for anything- (I have 2 sisters like that) then YAY FOR YOU!!! I only wish that I had been blessed with those natural skills. I have until now been blessed with the ability to have extrememly expensive taste in everything from homes, cars, clothes,shoes, accessories, bags, jewelry, cats, and the kitchen sink... and unfortunately have not understood much by way of debt management, paying stuff off, or putting away for a rainy day.

At this point in my life I am saddened to acknowledge that we have gone so many years without the knowledge I am now acquiring about money... but at the same time it is overshadowed by my sheer JOY and EXCITEMENT at knowing that I am learning the skills to put us back on the right track financially!! Like I have said before, my DH's cave-man like approach to money has always been,

"Ugh- Need More Money?"

"Ugh, Ok, I go make more..."

Sorry if that sounds embarrassing honey but it's pretty much fact!! And that in no way is diminishing my own level of responsibility at all. So we are just beginning a new journey that combined with my AMAZING budgeting system will go hand in hand with the Dave Ramsey book to lead us into financial freedom.. and also the hope that we can teach our children more than our parents taught us. I AM JUST SO PUMPED and HOPEFUL! If you have any experience with this stuff, I'd love to hear it. I am ready to rock with it.

4 comments:

Kage said...

the blurb book looks so good....

Tyler H said...

Dave Ramesy is the guy who finally got my wife and I on a real plan. We always just tried not to spend money and did OK, we certainly were never willing to borrow money for a car. The most important thing we got from him is that "kind of a plan" isn't one. That writing down the our goals and a different budget every month for that month, does make a huge difference when it comes down to the decisions every day that really determine our success. What I love the most about our plan is neither one of us has to feel guilty about anything we decide to buy. We know that it fits our plan. If it didn't we wouldn't even consider buying it. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and feelings on this journey. I love to hear about this kind of success in peoples lives.

I think Dave Ramsey's "financial peace" principles are what, outside of the gospel, has changed my Wife and my lives and our relationship the most for the better. A very close second would have to be HypnoBirthing. I sure do wish they didn't call it that. It is only slightly less embarrassing to type then to say out loud- but it WORKS.

Rachel H said...

tyler-
That is so cool that you have had success with it! I am at the bottom of the mountain looking up- but amazingly enough I am totally excited and feel a sense of freedom even in knowing that we now have the education and the set up of a real PLAN to get us where we want to go. It's pretty awesome.

I will totally keep updating as we go. I know it will not be a quick fix, but something that will take years to acheive. Baby Steps, Right? =)

And that's funyy about the Hypnobirthing, I haven't tried it- but I know a few who are HUGE proponents of it! Maybe someday I'll get motivated to try that.. we'll see!

Marisa said...

I am so going to have to get that book! I love the budgeting system and one more thing to add to financial understanding would be amazing. I was nodding my head in agreement with everything you said!

Oh, and you are one hot mommy in your pictures! I love the ones of you in that black dress. What a fun book to cherish!