My Little Easter Cuties.
This is the one solitary picture I have from our Easter celebration of my kids together (and my Dad took it) ! I am blaming it on the fact that we have church at the ungodly hour of 8:30 AM now...which for a night owl like me is like 4:30 in the morning. Getting us all out the door- on time -looking half way presentable is about like asking me to perform brain surgery on monkeys. Not likely. At this point I feel happy with my effort when we arrive exactly 1/2 hour late every week. I am still thinking about getting them dressed up again and taking them to get their pictures taken somewhere. But for now- here they are!
Random church story from yesterday- So true to our family clock we were precisely 1/2 hr late again into sacrament meeting... and we embarrassingly barge in to the only empty row - the SECOND, so we are like right at the front. We sat there for like 10 minutes when Dane starts talking very loudly about how he HAS to get some water like he's some parched camel... (it's not like we weren't home 15 minutes ago with him guzzling juice down-) an he's starting to get distracting so I very frustratedly grab his hand and we march out into the hall for a drink. I am basically holding his hand tightly and guiding him down to the drinking fountain when this is his commentary to me,
~
"Mommy, why are you pulling me?"
Me, -"BE-CAUSE, you are thirsty so we are now Go-ING to get a DRINK."
Him, -"Heavenly Father doesn't want us to PULL people."
~
Sure. Ok. Yes. Heavenly Father probably doesn't want us to pull people. But guess what little man? He also wants us to sit still and try to LISTEN in church! He also doesn't want 3 yr olds to pull all the tacks out of the bulletin boards, stuff them into their pockets as we walk down the HALL to the drinking fountain! So THERE.
~
That's what I was thinking.. but I let him have the last word. Because although I am prone to stoop to the level of arguing with a 3 year old, I decided not today. Because I am mature like that.





1 comment:
Ha, sooo funny! Good argument...I think! Very cute indeed!
Post a Comment