~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, March 21, 2008

LOVE. DATE. NIGHT.
~
After this crazy week of feeling funky and then working like mad to get something accomplished around the house, tonight was a magic escape to date-land! I was both relieved and exhausted as we left thing 1 and thing 2 with one of our favorite babysitters. They were merrily bouncing away on the bouncy castle with her as we sat for a moment in the driveway and tried to think of where to go for dinner. The peace and quiet was unnerving, and we blankly stared at each other, each wanting the other to make the decision- as deciding things seemed like too much effort.
~
At last I said, "I need comfort food- let's go to The Cheesecake Factory! I know exactly what I want."
So there we went, and it was delicious and reliable as it always is. I felt pretty for the first time this week, as I think it may have been the first day this whole week that I actually wore make-up and dressed in a cute outfit. (Seriously, those maternity pics are so deceiving. I usually run around in a sweatsuit with the kids, and also with no makeup I end up feeling a bit more Jerry Springer than Glamour Magazine. YIKES!!)
~
After our foodiness, we headed downtown for the Symphony, where they were celebrating St. Patty's Day. It was wonderfully entertaining and for some reason I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the harp this time. I told Mark I want to get a harp and take lessons now. I just love the sound, look, and image of the harp. It's so beautiful, grand, and otherworldly. I love it.
~
The guest singer was Ronan Tynan who you MUST read his bio by clicking on his name. WOW. That's all I can say about him. Just WOW. An inspirational person, and fantastic singer. His voice is truly a gift from heaven.
~
And I got another night out with my Best friend, my Sweet love, my Hubby.

2 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

uh anytime i hear yall talk about date nights i want to cry!! Miss miss miss that! 84 days to go! Ahhh, you have to take atrip out here with baby in the fall! I'll show you a good time, I promise! :) Love ya and have a great easter with your fam- tell them I siad hi and will miss my second family!

Rachel H said...

Ahhh! We miss yall too! (I can do texas accents too yall!) =) You guys are the best and we wish we were just next door neighbors...boohoo! I sure do miss our double date nights!

I would just LOVE to bring our little munchie munchkin out for a lil visit later in the year. =)