~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Just in case you were wondering, I won't be in Las Vegas, and Target causes spontaneous cash spewing- which I am sure you already knew.
~
First of all, for several months now, I was planning on going on a fun-filled girl's vaca with my mom, grandma, aunt, and niece to the lovely "Lost Wages", Nevada as I have heard it called. That was going to be my last "big" trip before I birth the little tater tot I am growing right now for June. I should have thought something was off when like the day after my mom booked the Monte Carlo hotel for us, it burst into flames. Surely it wasn't so bad that we couldn't still stay there, right?
~
Then weeks later, unfortunately, and to our dismay, my grandfather had a surprise heart attack last week and ended up getting a quadruple bypass surgery and so my aunt, niece, and grandma immediately rescheduled their trips. My mom and I held out because it is nearly impossible for my DH to get another 3 day weekend planned to allow me to go anywhere. So we were planning on going together. Sad not to have the whole gang, but at least we could have some fun, right?
~
After my mom came home from a trip to visit her dad in the hospital from the big surgery, she started to feel like maybe it was crazy for us to go to Las Vegas, just to two of us- for FIVE days... alone. I admit I was getting the same impressions- I mean don't get me wrong, we love each other- but leaving my DH alone all that time (over HIS only long weekend vacation as well) to hang out with my mommy was starting to seem a little off. I mean, her and my ideas of fun might sometimes be a little different. For example, I knew she would not want to aimlessly obsess over every designer boutique in the city like I could for hours, maybe even days on end. Her idea of "fun" might not be that. She kindly started thinking about how much fun Mark and I would have in the gorgeous hotel (well- at least before it was roasted) we had booked- if we COULD... instead of her and I. SOOO, she called and was able to get my ticket credited back so that I can use it another time, another place (or maybe the same!) hopefully with my sweetie. So that was actually very thoughtful of her. I don't know when, and I don't know where- but we will book another getaway... maybe with our little tater tot tagging along in late summer?
~
Needless to say I am left feeling like, yes, it probably WAS the best thing for me to NOT go to Las Vegas this weekend. And my mom is going to watch my kiddos so we can work tirelessly on our renovations in my Master bedroom...and I am probably going to apply my Las Vegas money to some kind of Crystal chandelier.
So I think in the long run I will be glad. For now I feel kinda bummed. But that's cool. I have been bummed before and lived to tell the tale. As I am doing now.
~
And so last night we had to stop at Target(of course pronounced - tar-jay) for kitty food, and kitty collars to decorate with gems( a Lena inspired kitty craft she was longing for..) ANYWAY- I thought I would just "check" the clearance isles... and oops! All of a sudden with in what seemed like only seconds, my cart was filled with a new king sized duvet, a coat for Mark, an untold supply of kiddie crafting supplies including (but NOT limited to) beading, glueing, coloring, markering, charming, and finally- some scrap booking papers for MUA. Whoa. A need for some kitty food and collars suddenly spontaneously exploded into a shopping extravaganza. Money just spews out of our pockets when we get into a target. It's like there's some magnetic attraction between the stuff and my wallet when we get there... Oh goodness. At least my kids will be crafting instead of watching TV this next couple weeks.

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

Hehe, target (tarjey) totally has that effect...i plan on getting one thing, always end up spending atleast $100...sorry about Vegas, but it looks asthough it worked out in the end.... I wish I could fly away this week, check blog for details...