~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, April 03, 2008

EVERYTHING STEW.
~
I must call this post everything stew since I have somehow managed to let nearly a week's worth of stuff get by me without mentioning anything here on the ole' Journal. So here's some of the stuff that pops into my head as being somewhat mentionable, if to no one else but my future self.
~
Yes this is what my floor in my bedroom looks like with FURNITURE on it. Ohhh, I am still revelling in the glory of how much better it looks now. It fills my soul with an unspeakable peace to know my bedroom has been saved from bedroom HADES.

This is the part I painted over the headboard and I am really liking the shimmery gold.

THEN, the other big thing I did this week (with some help from a friend) was to take a spare room that was seriously looking like one of those crazy hoarder's nightmares that end up featured on tv talkshows... and taking like 4 bags to the goodwill, and 4 huge tubs of organized chaos upstairs to our attic. And this is the end result- also known as the "BEFORE" pic that will precede my finished NURSERY design.
That door, by the way, goes out to what will someday be a really cute balcony (right now there's probably about 500 layers of peeling paint on it- so it's not super useable) . This room is on the second floor, and so that's what that is. This chair I bought at the goodwill to reupholster and never got it done, darn it. I am not sure what the end result of that will be... hopefully it will get done sooner than later!!
This is DANE tonight saying- "Mommy, can I sleep with undies on my head?"
And LORI- stop reading and looking now, okay? These next few are some little baby items I sewed up for my Sis in law, and will send out tomorrow. She picked out the fabric, as she is having a boy- like- any day now. I made her this cute little "ugly" bear.

A bib.
And a couple of burpies and a matching blanket.
My sister who lives an hour away came over yesterday for a sleep-over with her 2 kiddoes. This is her baby, Eva, being cheeky at COSI.
Here we are. Millie and Rach.

And that's all for me this week so far. For the weekend we have lots more planned to keep us going- and hopefully I will slow down for a second to let the baby rest. heehe.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You paint, you sew, you reupholster - did the Lord leave any talent for the rest of us :)

btw - LOVE the new floor, and I'm sure that the baby's nursery is going to look absolutely amazing lickedy split...!!!

Rachel H said...

Haha thanks Mandy! Those are the things I am interested in, so I have learned how to do them...for the record I stink at most of the "normal" everyday activities like laundry and cooking!!!

The Cochran Family said...

You do not stink at cooking, when you actually do it...your brilliant! I can attest to yummy meals/snacks...so when are you coming to Texas? What are your plans for the bebe "pod"?