~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, April 08, 2008




Yep that's pretty much how I am feeling right now. Only I don't have to prepare. I am already speeding down that highway like a mac truck without any brakes. You see, this weekend I started working on window treatments for our bedroom at the exact time that my sewing machine decides to start sounding like a space ship taking off for mars every single time I use it. It got so loud that my Dh told me I better take it in to get it fixed before it imploded or broke up into a million tiny little pieces. So yesterday, with one sick-barfy 6 yr old and one cranky impatient 3 yr old, I stuffed us into the truck with the sewing machine from mars and dropped it off at the local sewing machine repair shop. They promptly told me it would be at least a WEEK before it would be done, as well as at LEAST $70 to fix. YAY, Whoop-dee-doo-dah. UGH.
~
Sooo, then, of course my next step is to beg my sis to let me borrow her sewing machine. It is a less complicated model than mine, so tonight as I tried to get it to work, I was not worried that I would have any trouble. I mean, c'mon, sewing is not freaking rocket science. And I am no dummy. I only need to sew basically straight lines for the panels I am working on. Let's just say I can feel this machine laughing at me and snickering as it continuously alternatively breaks the top thread, then the bobbin, then the top, then the bobbin, top-bobbin-top-bobbin-top-bobbin-top. Oh yeah- after about the 10th time re threading the top I GAVE UP, to save my sister's machine from me killing it with some sort of hard metal object.
~
And now I am sitting here angrily blogging in a meager attempt at blowing off some steam... I think I need a massage. Hot stone.. 60 minutes... with a pedicure after.. oh, to dream...
Maybe I can go focus on something else for a while. Maybe I need my Chakras realigned. Maybe it's throwing all sewing machine's into a tailspin around me.

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Jane said...

awww... why do frustrating things like that always happen at night when we are already tense from the day!?!? yes, you do deserve a message (atleast from the hubby :))
p.s. i deleted my 1st comment because i used names... hehe