~
So this weekend we celebrated my DH's birthday and it was a fun picnic at the park on Sunday with my family! I realized that somehow I got hardly any pictures of Him and his Chocolate cake I made him.. which was quite a hit! It was a rich chocolate cake filled with Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate, with a raspberry-blueberry-blackberry filling, and a fluffy chocolate frosting. It was almost too rich for me- but all the chocoholics in the family LOVED it!! haha! I also made the crazy mistake of trying to make 12-layer RAINBOW jello for the picnic on SAT. night- at 8pm!! I totally miscalculated the amount of time it would take (i thought it'd only be 3 hours!!) and it actually took 6- EEK! So YES I was up until almost 2:30 AM making J-e-l-l-o. And YES it was totally WORTH it. It actually was productive because while I was waiting for the Jello to set between layers I made Lena some super cute hair bows that I have wanted to make forever!
We had a great time and he got a great Craftsman tool set that he's had floating in his dreams for years!
~
Anyway... I wanted to post some fun videos of yesterday but I am technically challenged and I can't figure out how to edit them into short enough clips to be put on.. so maybe later!!
And today my sis Natalie is now staying with us helping me out for a while.. YAY for fantastic sisters!!! I love her! Such a blessing!





2 comments:
You make me laugh! Taking it easy means staying up until 2:30 only doing Jello and hair boys and not redecorating an entire room. I am so excited to see your nursery!
did you make that heavenly cake, b/c this chocoholic wants the recipes :-)
Post a Comment