~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Activity...
~
Well, since I serve in our Ward at church's Young Women presidency (that's the teenager girls) my YW pres. had asked us a while back to write our testimony out and send it to her so she can print them up for the girls- I think to be handed out in Journals or books at girls camp (I think?!? Shows what a horrible listener I am!!) this summer- anyway, I haven't written a testimony down in a long time, and it really felt good to get in touch with those feelings again as I wrote- or rather- typed - it out. I was thinking about the young women, about myself as a young woman, and as an oldest sister to 4 other now adult women, I have had many opportunities to think about what kind of example in influence on them I am being, or have been. Now as a Mother to one going on TWO future young women, as well as a dear and sweet son, this testimony is for them as well.
~
I know I am not perfect at making the best choices, or being the best at teaching my children all the things I want to teach them. But one thing I do want them to know is that I DO have a testimony of God, of Jesus Christ. I hope that I can over the years convey that to them through actions and words, so that they may grow up with a conviction and a closesness to thier Heavenly Father.
~
So I thought I 'd share it here for future remembrance.
~
A testimony to the Young Women (and my own Children)
April 2008
~
I would like to share with you my thoughts and testimony about Jesus Christ, and on the truthfulness of the His restored gospel. I have lived all my life a member of this church. I have grown and matured in it and loved it. I know in my heart that it is true. I have felt the spirit whisper to my soul that it is good and right and true. I believe that by following the teachings of our prophet and the principles we learn in the scriptures that I can be happier in this life and have a more fulfilling life with my husband and children than by any other way. I feel safe knowing that when I am obedient to my Heavenly Father, he will protect me and my family; he will also provide promised blessings to us. How glad I am for that protection and those promised blessings! My life is richer, better, and more fulfilling thanks to the knowledge I have from His Gospel. I know where I came from, why I am here, and where I am going. I KNOW he loves me and watches over me daily. I feel his love in a hug from my children.
~
I do feel awestruck that He would bless me with such love as I have been given in my family, both immediate and extended. So often I don’t feel deserving of all the great blessings God has seen fit to give me, yet I am humbly grateful for each and every one!
~
I am grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, that through his Atonement, I can be forgiven of all the many mistakes I make. Thank goodness! I am also grateful that He has provided a way for me to repent and grow and bit by bit become a better child of God. I am one of His many many children, just like you, yet I know that He knows my name and loves me individually. That gift and knowledge gives me peace and comfort during difficult times. I felt keenly his comforting love surrounding me during moments of need.
~
I pray that you too will grow to feel and know of His unconditional Love for you, for I know it’s there, and he is just waiting to offer it to you. Life will be sweeter, more peaceful, and you will have more confidence in yourself when you develop your own testimony of Christ, and pray daily to connect with Him and our Heavenly Father. May you feel closer to Him as you learn and grow in the Gospel.
~
Love~
Rachel (Mommy)


1 comment:

Alis said...

What a powerful testimony! Thanks so much for sharing!