~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, April 24, 2008

*DIRECTOR'S CHAIRS MAKE-OVER ---CHECK!!!!!
~
Ok, I feel good posting something that I have actually FINISHED - since I have so many things that are sadly UNFINISHED in my creative world right now... THESE are a pack of chairs I have picked up at the goodwill stores for about $4.99 a pop last summer. They were clearly weathered, worn, and after this winter, and the spring hit- I conveniently sat on two with my tubby-baby body and TORE the seats out of at least TWO of them- haha! I am going to say that was because they were SOOO OLD, the fabric was clearly just rotted. No other reason at all.
Anyway, so here is one that lasted enough to take a "before" pic of it. None of them matched.. they were yellow, blue, and denim all with scratchy white peeling paint on them. I bought a pattern for them... only to realize after I cut all the pieces out that they were SLIGHTLY different sizes! And, OF COURSE, the seats I cut were not big enough. SO I used one of these old seats as a pattern and (luckily) had enough fabric to cut a whole new set of seats out. Sooo....without further adieu..

.......TA-DAAAA~!!!
I really wanted them to match with our little fire pit thingy.. and look like a set.. with some fun fabric too-
I like how they turned out- don't ya think? Looking like new! Ohh, now we need to try them out with a summery little bonfire and roast some marshmallows!!



3 comments:

Alis said...

Those look darling, I just love the fabric!

The Cochran Family said...

How fun...and as easy as you make this look I know its a lot of work to paint chairs!!! SO cute, I can just see you and your sissys out there roating marshmellows and swapping stories...wish I were there too!

Mandy said...

ok, this has got to be harder than you've made it appear!! They turned out great!! You are so darn talented...!!