~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, April 12, 2008

This is my cheering up post.
Well, to every down there is a high, right? Before I get to that, though, I had to post this cute pic of Lena out on our deck this week, totally of her own doing. She wanted to "lounge in the sun" and so she's got her little glass of cold lemonade, her shades, and- of course- some quality reading material!

Here's what my sweet DH brought home the night of my last post. I guess he could tell by my voice that I was having a rough day...he rarely brings my flowers.. and I was totally surprised by these pretty things, as well as a movie and ...
Some delicious treats for indulging in. =)
Then, tonight we were planning on a triple date/business dinner with a bunch of Comfort Dental Doctors, and one prospective partner and their wives... but at the last minute they decided to cut the wives out (I think one couple had a babysitter sna-foo) so I was left with plans for a sitter to come over and no date to take me out. So I finally went and got the mani-pedi I have been longing for....and I really wish my toes and feet didn't look so sausage like in this picture.. but oh well!! After some alone time at the mall, where I am proud to say I exhibited an enormous amount of self control NOT buying myself any more maternity-wearable clothes. I guess I don't have more than a month and half to go, so I don't need tons more clothes... so I was a good girl. I did, however, get the kids a few cute things for spring at The Children's Place. And my loverly manicure.. (that no doubt will last if I am LUCKY 3 days..) But oh so worth it... =) I guess the kitty liked it too. hehe.

No comments: