Share shome shunshine and shoo shome shnow...
~
Yes I am totally aware that sounds completely cheesey... but I just had to. Today we had a short outing that reminded me that I don't HATE the state I live in. Also, that there is a light at the end of our wicked cold winter tunnel we've been enduring for what seems like almost a year now...
I, of course, forgot the camera... so thank you ever so much Google Images for saving some pics for me to use of the lovely lake I shlepped the kids to this afternoon. My intention was to go to a picturesque park that I haven't seen in a while, that was pretty close (we live about 10 minutes from this resevior) and let the kids run around and play on the playground by the "beach". (I just have to use quotes around that word, since in the midwest if you are not on a great lake or the ocean, I really don't think the definition can fully apply. Yes I am a beach snob.)
~
I don't know why I can't think ahead with things like this, but after about 20 minutes of cavorting on the play equipment -being a pirate on a sinking ship...(the water must've been inspiring to them today) we headed toward the "beach" and the shoreline...and of course my fully dressed kiddies beg to just "put their toes in" the water. Well, it certainly does NOT take a rocket scientist to know that lasts about as long as telling me I can only take ONE nibble of an ice cream chocolate dove bar.







No comments:
Post a Comment