~
One of the major things I have been thinking about as time is really starting to grow short is decorating my nursery. I have been researching and thinking and planning what I have and what I need, and what I want for the room, and I really was hoping to get a custom upholstered rocking chair with a matching ottoman. (price on that- approx $1200 smackers!) BUT, then I decided I needed a new crib, too. SO that's going to be my priority for now- so I started thinking outside the bOx for a nursery rocking chair.. and came up with this!! Isn't it JUST gorgeous? Straight from the goodwill furniture store, this charming beauty not only has low arms for nursing a baby, it's wide and comfortable.. and rocks like a charm! And was a measly $24.99! SCORE!!! Lena's reaction to my even considering purchasing this chair was priceless.
In other news, Lena lost her like 5th tooth or something, after she had been letting it hang by a teeny tiny thread for the past week... it finally snapped. SO, of course, last night she was thrilled to put her tooth under her pillow... only to have the tooth fairy FORGET to COME... I mean, oops, the tooth fairy was being VERY sneaky so she came at a different time in the morning while Lena was watching morning cartoons...haha. ~
And then, after she came, Lena had to FAKE this smile to show her excitement at receiving $2 whole dollars. Let's just say kids aren't what they used to be. She was less than thrilled with her toothy suprise. I think if I-whoops- I mean the TOOTH FAIRY would have thrown a huge handful of change in there too she would have been more excited. For some reason a ton of change has some excitement to her. This kid likes variety I guess. I of course told her when I was little all I got was a quarter!! But that trick never helps. She really doesn't seem to give a crap.
~And finally, to my husband and fathers utter joy and happiness, after months of shopping and strategizing and debating, my Dad pulled the trigger he's just been DYING to pull, and bought himself a boat. My DH grew up on a lake and his parents always had a boat- so for as long as we've been married- on any long weekend that's warm- My DH always says... "Ohh what a great weekend to take the (nonexistent) BOAT out! Wouldn't that be perfect? Ohh... take the kids out on the boat..." And he'll reminisce about how great that was growing up and how someday we'll join that lovely club.
~
Well, I think this whole experience has brought my Dad and my husbands relationship up a notch. They are boat loving brothers now. And after looking at boat after boat, searching on craigslist and ebay- showing me picture and detail after detail at any hour of the day or night... they will finally have the fruition of their dreams fulfilled next weekend as (OH-so-fittingly) for my DH's birthday weekend we will take her on her MAIDEN VOYAGE. HAhaha! I have to admit I am pretty excited too, because it will be a fun diversion for everyone in our family now.
~
And for now... I must run off to shop for professional upholsterer's electric staple guns... yipee!!
~
p.s. hahah- I just HAD to add this.. I published this post and Lena comes in to look at it- as soon as she sees the chair on it, she goes- "Ok- you need to CANCEL that chair. Just take it off until it gets covered. No one needs to see it like that. "





3 comments:
Haha, that little girl of yours is just a riot! I just love her honest opinion!
I'm looking forward to seeing the nursery come together!
I am excited to see what you can make of the chair. I am glad from your review that we skipped out on Riverdance. Now, if Lord of the Dance ever comes, you will have to go with me!
WOww about the chair, jeolous and wow about the boat. Lol at Lena! She's become your lil Simon of decorating. hehe I can't believe you found that chair and ottoman at the good wil wil 25 bucks. I thought they would even charge more! That's awesome. It was sooo ice to talk the other day! Miss you!
Post a Comment