~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SuperChocolate Cake with berry Filling recipe!
Okay,
this is for you chocoholics... enjoy!
~
**First of all, I have to say I am the queen of doctoring the box cake mix. I took a chocolate cake mix (any kind- your choice) Just add an extra egg, substitute whole milk for the water, and add a box of chocolate pudding. As I am blending the cake batter, I added an ENTIRE bag of Ghiradelli 60% Cocoa Chocolate chips.
I baked that into 2 round cake pans.
*For the scrumptious BERRY filling... Here's how it goes.. NOTE: this topping can be used on cheesecakes, ice cream, you'll think of lots more I'm sure! I can eat it straight out of the bowl with whipped cream on top!
Recipe for Frozen Berry Topping

½ c.water
½ c. sugar
2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch (blended with water to make a paste)
1 bag Frozen fruit
1/3 box fruity Gelatin (I used cherry)

Directions:
Combine the water and sugar together over medium heat on stove top.
Separately blend flour or cornstarch with a little water to make a paste.
Add this paste to the sugar water mixture.
Bring this to a boil.
Add ½ of the frozen fruit
Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
Add Jello and stir until dissolved.
Take off heat and add the rest of the frozen fruit, stirring until thoroughly combined.
CHILL in refrigerator until thickened.
THAT is what gets layered in between the cakes. And you could have it be a topping too.
THEN, for the frosting...
I just make up some chocolate pudding using the highest fat milk I have, and only put about a cup and a half in. like for a pie filling.
Mix THAT with a small container of the french vanilla cool whip.
It is light and fluffy and is a perfect accent to the cake!!


1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

Oh thankyou...gonna be trying this thing out for sure!!!!