Confessions of a Crazy Nester... ~
I realized the other day that I have been nesting for some time now. My pregnant self is kind of a crazed project commando seeking refuge in the hope of completion...only to have 10 other projects lined up waiting for their turn to get accomplished! The one problem I have is that I wish I could get my brain to slow down a little and my body to speed up. As I was talking to my sis on the phone the other day I realized how bad I was getting.
~Here's Me on my cell phone...
~"Yeah, so I am running out to get more lining for my panels in my bedroom. I was thinking, I got this thick brown corduroy fabric that would make the perfect Mai Tai and I could use the pink and brown damask print for the front insert!! I am going to make that next. I also wanted to pick up some seeds of spinach and lettuce for the shaded area to plant behind our deck. Wouldn't it be nice to have all the ingredients for a fantastic salad growing this spring/summer? I also want cherry tomatoes. While I am at the fabric store I am getting a pattern to make new directors chairs seats and backs, and I am scoping out their selection of outdoor fabrics! Next week when the 50% sale happens, I am going to buy all the fabric to make new ones. I was thinking of a black damask pattern and painting the chairs (which are currently painted white) hot pink! Wouldn't that be SOO cute? Ohhh, I want to do that sooo bad!! Oh, and while I am at the grocery store I need to get all the ingredients to make those awesome Monster cookies!!"
~
Does that make anyone else feel tired just reading it? Once I stopped for a breath and my sister said something like, "You better choose your projects carefully..." I thought about everything I had said and I thought- Yeah- that does kinda sound like a lot. Especially considering the fact that I actually have MORE projects that I want to do soon.
~
Namely, AN ENTIRE BABY's ROOM! And force my hubby to make some custom height side tables for our master bedroom that I will make some beautiful skirts on. Our bed is too high for anything else. And we need to still finish our master bath- new vanity, paint floor, finish shower... etc...
~
And then with all that stuff swirling around in my head, I have this lovely addition of like 40 lbs and a huge belly constricting my movement and I can barely bend over or move well enough to cut and pin all the fabric I am needing to work on.. ...Oh - and there's that annoying little problem of having a sewing machine that ACTUALLY works!!!
~
But despite it all , I am hopeful. I actually think that I can do it. Yes- I am that crazy. I truly in my heart of hearts think that with some willpower and determination I can accomplish most if not all of what I am hoping to accomplish. Those wild creative hormones swirling around in my body make me feel like if I can make a something as insanely complex as a baby in here, then why the heck can I not make anything else I set my sights on? I am WONDER Woman, right? RIGHT. That's how I like to see it.





No comments:
Post a Comment